Tristan Hinriksson is originally from River Forest, Illinois and has lived in the Chicago area for most of his life. He graduated from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2016 with Juris Doctorate. Before that Tristan served in the United States Army Reserves, deploying to Iraq in 2005 and returning to graduate with his Bachelors from Concordia University Chicago in 2011.
After law school Tristan practiced for two years as a civil attorney focusing on insurance defense matters and family law. In 2018 Tristan became a Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney and handled numerous misdemeanor traffic and Juvenile felony matters throughout all stages of litigation until joining Driver Defense Team.
Tristan lives in the near western suburbs of Chicago and enjoys building Legos with his son and reading science fiction.
- Army Reserves 2001-2009 – Intelligence Analyst (96b)
- 1 year deployment Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF III) – Balad Air Force Base, Iraq
- Bachelors of Arts, History, Concordia University Chicago (2011)
- J.D., University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (2016)
- Interned with Illinois Attorney General & Dept. Homeland Security
- CALI Award in National Security Law
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Cook County PBN Volunteer GAL
- Cook County State’s Attorney