Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know before hiring our firm.
We represent clients that received tickets or were arrested in Cook County, DuPage County, or Lake County, Illinois. We do not accept any cases outside of those 3 counties.
We represent clients in 15 courthouses. We purposely limit our representation to these courthouses so we can be sure that we know the court’s process and policies. It also helps us know the prosecutors, judges, and even the police officers.
The courthouses are:
- Daley Center, 50 W. Washington in Chicago
- Skokie Courthouse, 5600 Old Orchard Rd
- Rolling Meadows Courthouse, 2121 Euclid Ave
- Maywood Courthouse, 1500 Maybrook Dr
- Bridgeview Courthouse, 10220 S 76th Ave
- Markham Courthouse, 16501 Kedzie Ave
- Leighton Criminal Courthouse, 2650 California Ave
- Central Hearing Facility, 4000 W. Superior in Chicago
- Addison Field Court, 3 Friendship Plaza
- Downers Grove Field Court, 4000 Saratoga Ave
- DuPage Judicial Center, 505 N. County Farm Rd in Wheaton
- Mundelein Branch Court, 105 E IL-83
- Park City Branch Court, 301 S. Greenleaf St
- Round Lake Beach Branch Court, 1792 N. Nicole Ln
- Lake County Courthouse, 18 N County St in Waukegan
We defend nearly every type of traffic ticket, DUI, or criminal offense that happens in a car. So if you were pulled over and ticketed or arrested, we can help.
The only traffic ticket cases we do not defend are parking tickets and red light camera tickets.
We also have a law firm, Law Office of Stephanie Kemen, that defends all types of criminal charges including drug cases, violent offenses, weapons charges, and more.
Most of the time, it is not necessary for you to come to our office. We can have a conversation on the phone (or over video) and learn all about your case. You can text, email, or fax us documents if needed.
On the phone, we will discuss what happened, your charges, possible outcomes, our strategy for representing you, and a price quote. If you want to get signed up, you can sign up right then.
We cannot answer that question until we know the exact charge, courthouse, and your driving history. But once you have answered those questions for us, we can make a recommendation. People are surprised all the time to hear us say that they do not need a lawyer for their type of ticket.
If you can handle it yourself and not spend money on a lawyer, we will tell you that. Our goal is to help people. We are not trying to take someone’s money that doesn’t need us.
That’s just good business. And our clients appreciate getting a truthful answer from a team of lawyers who knows what they’re doing.
Driver Defense Team is unlike any other law firm in Chicago. Here are a few reasons why:
- We work as a team. This is unique because most other law firms consist of one or two lawyers. Here, you get the power of 6 lawyers for the price of 1.
- We focus on traffic offenses only. This allows us to really know the law, procedure, prosecutors, judges, and even the police officers in many cases.
- We take care of our clients. We hold ourselves to a high standard. We provide our clients the highest level of communication and representation.
Read our 350 reviews on Google.
We’d need to know the charges, courthouse, and your history. Even then, it’s impossible to say what the outcome of a ticket or case will be.
That’s why you’re hiring a lawyer – to figure out the best outcome of the case!
But if you give us a call, we’ll do our best to tell you what to expect in terms of timeline, outcome, and the costs involved.
We typically charge one flat fee to represent you. Plus, we charge a trial fee if we go to trial.
Our flat fee is quoted right up front so you always know what to expect. No hidden fees. The flat fee includes all court dates (except that trial, as mentioned) and we never charge per hour or anything like that.
You tell us the problem and we’ll tell you the price to fix it.